- Tour Code: 67740
- Start date:
- Start in:
08:00 Picking up from hotel/stay.
08:30 Starting drive to Ninh Binh Province
10:00 Arriving at Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
11:30 Arriving in Tam Coc Wharf.
11:45 Having buffet lunch with Vietnamese Cuisine.
13:00 Getting on Sampan boats through caves and visiting countryside landscape
15:00 Back to Tam Coc Wharf to chill out.
15:15 Biking on country road around village
16:00 Getting on shuttle bus to go back to Hanoi
18:30 Saying goodbye to you at your hotel/stay. Trip ends
What to bring:
· Sun glasses, Sun cream
· Camera and film
· Pair of Shoes and short trousers for biking around country road.
· Seating on bamboo boat in 1.5 hours with local rower to visit Tam Coc Cave.
More about Hoa Lu Ancient Capital:
Hoa Lu is some 110km or 2.5 hours bus from Hanoi. Located near the Ninh Binh city, Hoa Lu is the site of a 10th-century capital of an ancient Vietnamese Kingdom called Dai Co Viet. This small Kingdom covered an area of only 300 hectares, and reigned from the 10th century, during the Dinh and Le dynasties, to the 11th century, during the Ly Dynasty. The Kingdom was enclosed by a citadel. The citadel and the Yen Ngua limestone hills provided good defence for this kingdom against the invaders.
Not much of this ancient kingdom is left standing. There are two 17th century temples, modelled after their 11th-century originals that are on most itineraries to Hoa Lu. They are the Dinh Tien Hoang Temple (King Dinh temple) and Le Hoan Temple (King Le Temple).
· Pick up from hotel/stay in Hanoi Old Quarter to Hoa Lu – Tam Coc and Return
· All entrance tickets to sites indicated in Itinerary
· Complementary bottles of water on bus
· Buffet lunch with Vietnamese Cuisine
· English Speaking Tour guide during the trip
· Biking (costs 3 USD/1 bike/ 45 minutes) BUT offered FREE from now to 31st/ July, 2017
· Beverages, Tax, Insurance.
· Pick up and drop off outside Hanoi Old Quarter
· Tips, Personal Expenses & those not clearly mentioned above